I haven't had it in me to blog lately. Mostly on account of our flimsy internet connection. But honestly, I probably would still have put it off. Is that bad? It's not for lack of material, I assure you. I wondered if I should blog each of these things individually. But perhaps I wont. Blogging explosion! And I mean explosion. Read this when you have time. These are not all current events. More like the past few months.
This is Ian on his first day of school. And that is the lunch I made him.
This is my darling Brianna friend who came to visit me a long weekend ago. We had all the adventures that can be had in Rexburg. Including two hours being fascinated in Porter's craft store. Love you, girly. And thanks again. Aqua beads rule my world.(Oh, and this picture is at the Cocoa Bean. Possibly the best cupcakes I've ever had in my life. They import their cocoa beans and vanilla from Africa and Madagascar for cocoa and cupcakes. Tasty find.)
And then, a couple weeks later these lovely friends graced our home with their presence. Ian did retire to Salt Lake for this event and stayed with dear friends. Probably best. I don't know how he would've handled this girly weekend complete with cheesecake, chick movies, ritual dancing, ribbons, dresses, cutting and dying (my) hair THANKS CARRIE,unyielding laughter, talking and noise.
It was just what I needed.
Gosh I love these women. You girls have no idea how fun it was to have you.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Side news: Ian and I love the Naked Chef. Jamie Oliver's magic way of cooking is so inspiring it makes me want to devote my life to a garden and good food.Pictured above is roast lamb (which Ian prepared) and a sort of cauliflower/potato casserole dish with cream, garlic and cheese
(which I prepared).
The pototoes are filled with sage, bacon and anchovie.
Mouth watering goodness.
So we decided to grow things too.Ian brought back tomato plants, basil and rosemary from Salt Lake.
Jumping up and down with excitement.
Unfortunately the birds were really excited too.They especially like basil, so we read.
Don't worry though. We put up a net around our deck.
Can you see it in the background?
Ian also bought me a flower. Little did he know that I love this flower, as it reminds me of my mom.
It makes me cheery and glad.
Why am I under the sink with a wrench?Okay, so I was helping my neighbors move across the way, who happen to have a washer in their kitchen that they hook up under the sink. When almost everything was in the moving van, they both looked at the washer with this awful anticipation of
dragging it down three flights of stairs.
And then they looked at me.
And then they sold it to me.
Pushing it across the hall was much easier.
Little background: I have never realized how absolutely wonderful it was to have a washer until I had to drag my laundry to our on site facility and pay two plus dollars every time I washed a load. Especially when there are only three washers and three dryers for the whole complex. And especially when washing our chocolate brown duvet cover that I didn't get to in time, was put atop the adjacent washer still wet, which happened to have bleach all over it. Big ugly orange spots all over our duvet. I still have sobbing moments over this event.

And now? I wash whatever can be put into a washer whenever I want. All the time. Just for laughs. Just for fun. It was a bold move to make without the counsel of my husband, but he's proud and as thrilled as I am. It was scary for a little bit though, because he wasn't visibly thrilled until after we had spent our entire Saturday going back and forth from the hardware store to hook up the thing. But it all worked out for the best. Feels great. (Oh, and they also gave me their drying racks, in case you were wondering. Oh and when I'm not using it, it fits beautifully next to our fridge. The neighbors made a dolly specifically for the washer. We're blessed)
This is Orange Cat.
We love him.
He's a cat that showed up around our complex a couple of months ago, and every once in a while we have him over for a visit. He is the most human friendly, energetic, awesome cat I have a ever met. And I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones who think so. The whole complex has been talking about him. He likes us best though. I think I like cats. Sorry Daddy.I am not trying to torture your allergies, I promise.
Remember our living room?
I rearranged it as a surprise for Ian on our six month anniversary.June 5.
Again, hard to capture how wonderful it feels.But oh, if you could be here. It's awfully cozy and homey and comfortable and wonderful.
I blame my mother,
Who rearranges so much that within a three year period I had a lived in every room in the house, and began a new round the fourth year.
I love it.
I think it's the reason I love and appreciate change.
Thanks mummy dearest.
Okay! That's all.
P.S All of these months, I was looking for a job-- and finally found one. More like was given one, by my visiting teaching companion. I work at a fabulously organized Day Care where there are about fifty kids. I love it. And I'm loved.
7 comments:
It feels like a real sampler of your life. So if this truly defines the feel of your life right now, then Wahoo! Because everything looks beautiful and happy.
Oh my gosh I've been dying for another post from you! It felt as if you'd fallen off the face of the earth for awhile. I love the new living room arrangements, and that you now have a washing machine in your kitchen. It makes me incurably happy. Hope everything is going well! Man I miss you so much!
Fun to hear more about you guys. Still bursting at the seams!
Did you see my baby yet? Go to my blog. She's gorgeous!
meats that... you would choose.... these would be your meats... and this one has a crisper... for crispy things like.... potato chips
GASP! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
yay. I like your style. :) I love that I knew most of those updates(thank you for calling) but I was still excited to see and read your creative and insightful post. :) WHAT IAN WAS IN SALT LAKE?????????
how nice. :)
I love your blog! And your food sense.
your life is awesome. and Orange Cat is pretty dang cute. i probably laughed for 5 whole minutes when i saw that pictures of him sticking his arm out from under the couch. hahaha!
Post a Comment