Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving




Yes. It's overdue. But I don't feel so bad, because after driving home for two days and then having a week of school and work and then driving again to Salt Lake last weekend for our year anniversary... I haven't had lots-o-time. So I am coming to you now. Hello.

So yeah, we drove to Kentucky to be with our family. And it was, oh so, fabulous. We stayed the week and enjoyed going out to two movies, (New Moon which was hilarious... in an unintentional way, and Fantastic Mr. Fox, which was wonderful--a wonderful contrast to New Moon) eating food, making food, talking lots, going on gorgeous warm walks with dogs Nats and Olive, and concluding each night with game after game of Little Big Planet-- which, though I am in no way a video game person, I happen to adore.


This is where I brag. I don't mind bragging about this, because I know that it's not that big a deal. A lot of people make pies. All the time. Much better than this. But this happens to be the first pie I've ever made, and I was proud of myself. It even looks pretty! And even though, in my opinion, the pastry recipe I found tasted like play-doh, my kind family gave lots of compliments on the taste. Hopefully the next pie I make will taste even better. I'm a pie maker now.

Oh, and we kind of goofed. We've been trying to get better at taking more pictures, and we did do better this time, except we took mostly pictures of our lovely first cousins once removed, and not a whole lot of pictures of, well, Thanksgiving. We did however take a picture of adorable Holly with her kitten hat-bag





And this last picture is the only picture that was taken that you can kind of see the bells palsy that I acquired in the right-side of my face that week. Can you tell? Sort of? Not really? I wish we had been awesome and taken pictures of how crazy it got. Basically I would shut my eyes as tight as I could and my right eye would barely close and if I smiled, or worse, laughed than I looked like a cartoon... Popeye maybe. This made any laughing moment in the family heightened by looking at my odd half face smile. Oh, and if you're wondering-- all is well now. The face is back to normal. Thanks for asking.

Thanksgiving was as I said fabulous. We needed it desperately. We miss you so much! And it was definitely hard to leave. But we'll hopefully see you again soon. Thanks for letting us come and stay and for taking care of us so well. (Especially me. My mother-in-law is an angel and was responsible for curing me of my palsy and ear infection. Thank you, thank you!) We are grateful. Family is definitely at the top of our gratitude list this year.

1 comment:

The Friley's said...

You're too sweet! Thanks so much for all the help you two...we loved having you here and miss you.