Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summing Up Summer.

I feel the need to reflect.  This Summer has felt so long and yet I feel like a billion things have happened.  Isn't it usually the other way around?  Doesn't busyness make for a short, abrupt Summer -- so far away from those long months of childhood?  I s'pose not.

First off... weddings.

Laura and Sean

Jessie and Brett

Kiley and Toby

Marilee and Stephen


Tess and Kyle




                      Rachel and Joey                                                Steve and Megan   

Tristan and Rob

Mark and Jacque--to be wed Saturday

Can you believe all these beautiful couples? And all wed this Summer! (except for Laura and Sean... they were May.  But still.)  Is love in the air, or what? I am so happy for all of you lovely people!  The only thing that could extend my happiness would have been my attendance to more than just two of these weddings.  My heart is slightly broken that life took us across the country before this happy wedding season.  
Oh time.  Oh money.  What obstacles you be.

However-- I rejoice for you from afar and I love you all.  I have some exceptional people in my life, I'll have you know.  Those pictured above happen to be but a few and I'm so happy that they've each found companions as wonderful as they themselves are.  Seriously-- how sweet are all of these weddings!

Other Summer summings: Birthday and Anniversary celebrations

You guys heard about Ian face's birthday.  That was fun.

I didn't however get to mention my kid sister Mabs' birthday.  Isn't she a doll?


This is Mabel.  Mabs.  Babs.  She had a birthday this month.  She just started college.  Oh my heart.



 Happy birthday sweet cheeks!  You are so light, happy and lovely.  I hope you know how exceptional and beautiful you are.  And don't forget it on those lame days when everything seems to blow up at your approach.  Love you Babs.  'Bon!  Apetite!'

It was also my parents 31st anniversary this month.  How heartwarming is that?




Happy anniversary Mom and Dad.  
Thanks for being best friends even after all this time.  Love you both.

I've been feeling all sappy about weddings and marriage lately.  Kinda tough not to with so much material at hand to get sappy about.  But the other thing about August is Ian's proposal two years ago. August was the month I flew out to meet Ian's family for the first time.  August was when we finally decided to step forward with that huge step called marriage.  August two years was one of those big times I knew I'd always remember.  

My sap can't last too long however because I am distracted by lots of busy things elsewhere.  One being my recent employment.  I now work with Americorps.  I've really loved it so far.  In our area, we are working with the school system and I am working at an elementary school.  I'm tutoring 4th and 5th graders and also participating in an after-school program for K-5.  It's a lot of work, but its work that suits me.  

Another thing that causes the sap to be driven away is that my outlet for sappy feelings is currently in London. 

sent to me via email.

Oh man.  What a hunk.

Ian's brother James is a fabulous solo artist dubbed Idiot Glee, and he's gone to London to be signed onto a label and to tour some of Europe.  I think they'll be hitting Sweden, the Netherlands and Germany besides England for the tour.  How amazing is that?  I don't know what label it is specifically at the moment-- but if you're really interested I'm sure I could find out for ya.  James asked Ian to come along to be his film crew-- as well as partner/adventurer in crime.  So far they're having a blast.  I'm sure there will be more to come on the subject later but thats all I've got for now.  I would have gone along except for lack of funds/my new job.  I'm okay with that though.  I'm too excited for Ian and James to feel gipped at all.  Plus I'm crazy busy.  All is well.

And so I bid our Summer adieu.  It was a sticky, hot and long Summer with a whole lotta change and a whole lotta awesome.  I'm beginning to feel settled here.  I'm stretching my limbs out more and more, coming out of my protected closed position.  I miss my loved ones but I know we're still close.  

Hello September.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowza. I knew there were a lot of weddings but when I see all those pictures it makes it all the more crazy! Huzzah for love. Congrats on the job, that's so cool! And that phone booth picture...no words can describe the hilarity.

L. Fauset said...

I agree with Marilee, especially on the phone-booth picture. :-) I love the sound of your job, Sascha. It sounds just right for you and I'm glad that you're feeling settled down in your new home. Love you!