Thursday, December 16, 2010

Old News



Way back when, when we were on our way to Utah for Thanksgiving... I busted my arm.  I suffer from night terrors sometimes.  In our hotel in Wyoming, Ian woke up just in time to watch me launch myself off the end of our bed and trip over the bench that was there.  I wasn't aware of what was going on until a jolting pain in my arm woke me up and I quickly realized I was on the floor.  It's been an adventure.  It wasn't fun to be without an arm for all of Thanksgiving but ya know.  It made me realize all of the little things I take for granted-- and thus made me extra grateful this year.  The E.R in Wyoming told me I had a buckle fracture below my elbow.  We then sent the X-Rays to an old Orthopedic friend of ours only to find that it was impossible to be a buckle fracture (both because of my age and the location of the 'fracture') and as far as he could tell (from the poor X-Rays that were taken), it was a compression fracture.  Now I'm back in Kentucky and have come to find that my bone is now fine, but the muscles in my arm are not aligned.  Which doesn't feel that great.  I'm not real crazy about the medical field right now.  My arm is doing loads better than it was though.  I can write and type again.  And sleep normally.  And dress and shower in regular time again.  So that's all.  Thought I'd share.  Don't know why.  Maybe to remember it or something. See ya.

4 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

holy crap, that night terror really had lasting effects, huh!? is it wrong that i secretly find this hilarious though? don't hate me, i'm sorry!!! i just get this visual of you launching yourself off the end of the bed in a deep sleep and i just can't help but laugh. what a crazy experience. i hope a smart doctor can fix your arm someday. : )

Mabs said...

Plus ya need to remember all the cast jokes we were able to get out of it. And the best round of the drawing game! paha! Man I know you guys came for Thanksgiving which was grand, but I still wish I could see you two over Christmas. :*( Love you!
p.s. Prualy is the code word

Sascha said...

It's okay Bethany... we were laughing too :)

Cast Me If You Can Babs.

Katie said...

Sascha, I think I already told you how beautiful your writing is and how nice it was to see you for even a minute. Just in case I didn't here it is again.