Knowing that Ian and I were to travel to Salt Lake for the actual Valentine's Day-- we decided to celebrate our own Valentine's Day the day before. We-ish... (I) decided to split the day up. I was in charge of the first-half, and Ian-- the last half.Confession: I love Valentine's Day. I'm openly admitting it now. I was the girl who crossed her fingers for something romantic to happen that day. I was the girl who bought herself roses and chocolates and curled up with a good chick flick while squeezing a teddy-bear. Yes, it is somewhat embarrassing to admit this-- but it's much worse telling myself that it's not a big deal, and then secretly being disappointed at the end of the day. Since I've met Ian Valentine's day has become what I'd always hoped for. And not just because he's romantical, but because I've felt I really had a reason to celebrate.
Thankfully, Friday is the day I have an early morning class and Ian doesn't. Perfect sneaky excuse to get up early. I besmudged the house with hearts for him. I then went to Science class in -8 degree weather. It literally feels like something is eating your face off. I'm lucky I was in such a chipper mood. After class, I came home-- and attempted a classic Andrea Knell Draper Valentines meal. (Red food coloring and hearts required in almost everything) Thank goodness Ian slept through all this.
Hooray for cheesy lame-ness!
Thankfully, Friday is the day I have an early morning class and Ian doesn't. Perfect sneaky excuse to get up early. I besmudged the house with hearts for him. I then went to Science class in -8 degree weather. It literally feels like something is eating your face off. I'm lucky I was in such a chipper mood. After class, I came home-- and attempted a classic Andrea Knell Draper Valentines meal. (Red food coloring and hearts required in almost everything) Thank goodness Ian slept through all this.
On the menu: Pink Swedish Pancakes and heart-shaped sausage
Strawberries on top with Boysenberry SyrupFunny detail: I was trying to make home-made whipped cream to dopple on the pancakes, but because I was already using my mixer for the batter, I put the cream in the blender.
Whoops.
This didn't really work, and seemingly went too far. I ended up with butter. With nothing else to do with it, and not wanting to waste it...I molded a heart out of it.
I guess I should have dyed it pink
The drink looks cool yes, but it was gross.Sunny Delight: Strawberry Orange. Stay away.
I know, I should've known-- but all I was thinking about was a 'pink drink' that's kind of like orange juice.
The last half was quite excellent. Unfortunately some of Ian's half was compromised by the unknown length of a mid-term exam. There was a French-film playing at the old theater on Mainstreet, but we came out of the testing center after it had already started.
I thought the idea was great, though.
Instead we went to Craigo's: a local pizza place (quite good) and opted for the movie "Confessions of a Shopoholic." It was cute. Ian thought so too, I promise.2nd Valentines Day: with the fam.
The Real Valentine Genius' Meal
Fabulous Decor. Tin soldiers included.
On the menu: fresh mozerella, with fresh basil and tomato Pizza,Salad, French Bread, and Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Juice
Delicious.
See, her butter was pinkWe had such a good time. Thank you Mom! It was so nice to be home.
Wahoo for Valentine's Day and happy traditions!
2 comments:
wow, haha i really liked the heart shaped butter. :) i like the pictures as well!
the drapers know how to have fun together!! LOVE U GUYS!
Post a Comment