Friday, March 5, 2010

Who Knew?


I am going to Japan



I've known about this for a couple weeks now but it still seems too surreal to be reality.  But the tickets are bought, and my mother-in-law and I are making plans for what we'll do and where we'll be... so it's pretty set.  Basically, Diana called one day and asked if I wanted to go to Japan.  She had found some really decent tickets round-trip, and decided why not?  My sister-in-law Holly happens to love Japan.  She's a big fan of the culture, the people and the food.  She's learning to speak Japanese and buys popular Japanese music and seasons of their TV shows through the mail.  She asked if I wanted to go too believing the more the merrier.  So far I can't get Ian to consider it.  For those of you who don't know, Ian has a bit of a phobia of flying.  It's not horrendous, but any sort of turbulence is a nightmare for him.  The flight home from our Hawaiian honeymoon was from 11:00 at night until 2:00, or 3:00 in the morning.  So while we were exhausted, we were also wide awake because there was non-stop turbulence the whole way.  I haven't been able to get Ian to even consider flying since.  Who knows, maybe someday.  Hopefully sooner than later.  Cross your fingers.

So... YEAH.  Japan!  How crazy is that?  Never been out of the country before.  I'm fascinated with Asian culture and I absolutely love to travel.  So I'm pretty ecstatic.  Fun, huh?  .... still doesn't feel real.



3 comments:

Mabs said...

WHAT?! haha my mouth dropped a hundred feet! :) Wow! I am super happy for you. What a place to go! :) I am crossing my fingers. Love you!

Mabs said...

hehe a hundred feet

Rosemary said...

thats nuts! cause you know what? i am might go to japan myself. in june. gledis is going with panasonic and i am invited. when are you going? and where? who knew japan? thats great, good for you! let me know details