Sunday, April 11, 2010

Graduated


Ian is now officially graduated.  An alumnus of BYU-Idaho.   Can you believe it?  We're crazy giddy about this.  My sweet parents and siblings Sophie and Thomas came up to help us feel celebrated and they did an amazing job of it.  Sure the gown was a tad small, and the cap didn't fit his head-- but it was totally worth it.  And made for a funny ceremony trying to keep his cap on while he shook hands.


Yeah, I don't know how this picture happened.

Tall and skinny Thomas
(notice how much he's changed from the pictures I posted for his birthday!)

Beautiful Sophie.

My gorgeous parents.  
Oh and the animal?  He was just an animal who came to meet us all at the dunes.  We're pretty sure he was a dog... but the more time we spent with him, he seemed more like a fox.  So we named him Fox-Dog.  So if anyone ever wants a dog at my parents house, they can just say that they already have one.  And that he lives on the dunes in Idaho.


We enjoyed all possible Rexburg adventures.  We walked around the temple. We drove around campus.We enjoyed lunch together at our local pizza buffet, Craigos. We went to the sand dunes.  It was such a blast to have my family visit!  We miss you, miss you, miss you.  And it was fun to show my family around our little town where we've enjoyed our first year of marriage.  Though we knew we were making our way to this day, it never seemed like it would happen.  And here it is!  As clear as day, without any sort of worry or burden of homework.  It's amazing that now that our schooling is done here, it feels as though it's taken no time at all.  We're so happy and light that we honestly don't know how to react to the fact that we're moving on, making our way to the next step.


This is us right now.  I'm so glad for my Dad who was so kind to take pictures of us together.  I realize that we don't have too many with us together from this last year.
We're happy.  Truly happy.


I had to post these...
This first picture was taken by my Dad telling Ian to look over Rexburg...

and then right before this picture... my Dad said--'And now you're done!' 
What a smile.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you guys and how awesome it is that you are moving forward. Congrats! plus sasch the skirt turned out. it's cute. be proud : P

The very Happy newly parents said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys! You're finally done! We are going to miss you two so much. We know you guys will love Kentucky!

Berkeley said...

Congratulations, Ian!

Mabs said...

YOU LOOK SOO GORGEOUS IN THESE PICTURES! I can't take it anymore!!!!! :) Way to go Ian. :)
Sascha please find time to call me. I left three long messages on your phone(s), first on yours, which I remembered was dead. Then I called Ian's. twice. hehe The messages are funny...ish. :)
I love you! miss you!

Rachel said...

Uh... remember that picture you posted with Thomas walking in that red shirt....

He sorta looks like toby I think. Which is pretty crazy because they have such a different look about them, but yeah. He's starting to grow into his Draper-bod. :) Weird o weird.

Unknown said...

mabel told me about the messages this morning

Sage said...

Yay!!! Congratulations to Ian. What a lovely post about it. Thanks for sharing.

The Friley's said...

I'm so thrilled your folks took these pics! Glad you had some fun too! Can't wait until you get here!

Cassandra Laine said...

YAYYYYY HORAYY WHOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Bittersweet to leave school behind especially THAT school!!! SO STINKIN PROUD!!!

xoxo

Cassie

Cassandra Laine said...

p.s. Sascha your hair is HOT!!!!! and Ian...how did you ever get away with such LONG hair at our ever so strict alma mater? ;) ;) its hot too but Sascha takes the cake!