On our beach day we made a stop at the famous Dr. Rootbeer. He was made famous by a previous trip made by Ian's family discovering this root beer museum of sorts. The root beer was fabulous. The floats were even better. And with a-dime-a-song jukebox and a genuine picture with Dr. Rootbeer himself, we were pretty pleased.
It was a perfect day for the beach-- and exactly what you would expect of a beach in North Carolina. I could not get over the shore-line with the adorable beach houses. We decided to visit a more obscure spot to insure a lower amount of traffic, it being one of the last weekends in the Summer to get away. We were not disappointed.
We also managed to make a drive to Wilmington, NC where we toured a battleship. It was awesome. And humongous.
It really was the perfect weekend. The four of us had a smashing vacation with a good mix of relaxation, scrumptious seafood, touring pretty sites and of course-- the beach. The majority of our time was spent at the beach and to own the truth, I could have spent many more hours there. I'd forgotten the soothing effect of the beach and the ocean. It is so much easier to forget yourself and the passing hours with sand under your bare feet, the sound of crashing water and the smell of salt in the air. And now we're home, back to normal, except for that little spring in our step, feeling the rejuvenation of our weekend getaway.





4 comments:
How fun! sounds like a great time.
I just love you. ha and my favorite picture is you and Ian with the huge gun. :)
high five for having matching swim suits!! yaaaay! except you look way cuter in yours with a flat little tummy. and is it just me or is ian getting taller??!!
Awesome Bethany! I think it's my favorite swimsuit to date. And hey-- I'd rather have the baby bump, thank you :) And it's funny that you said that bout Ian getting taller! I totally thought he seemed taller in these pictures than normal. Maybe I should get out the measuring tape.
Post a Comment