This poem was a my version (if you will ) of "A Prayer for my Daughter" By William Butler Yeats.
Stepped toward my most emphatic dream
I patiently await the next feat:
To feel my daughters breath upon my cheek.
Mind abrim with imagined circumstance
I joy in thought of the mother to take place in me.
Yet amidst these joyous shadows
fear grips my view at the reels of news
that unravel tales of darkened streets
And then I remember
The beauty of heart is daily mocked in praise of appearance
Virtue is splashed in casualty by constant hands
Honesty is rare and unexpected
Viscous minds are masked by trophy smiles
How are my felicitous dreams to exist among such drudgery?
How can I shield and shade my child from twisted paths?
And then I remember
I will not be alone in my heavy quest
The joy that I anticipate is not of empty origin
My Savior, aware of what’s ahead
Does not forsake the precious role I am to hold.
And so I breath, and fill my dreams again
No comments:
Post a Comment